This tutorial will show you how to jailbreak your iOS 9 device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch). Jailbreaking is easy, free, safe, and reversible. After jailbreaking your device, you will have full control of the device and will be able to install apps outside of the App Store, such as free movie streaming apps (Movie Box, Popcorn Time, etc.) and video game emulators (GBA4iOS, NDS4iOS, etc.).
We will be walking you through step-by-step with the PanGu iOS 9 untethered jailbreak process. The jailbreak requires a Windows computer and will only work on iOS version 7.1-9.0.2.
The following iOS 8 devices can be jailbroken:
- iPad 2, 3, 4, Mini, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, Air, Air 2, Pro
- iPhone 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6Plus, 6s, 6s Plus
- iPod Touch 5, 6
How-to Jailbreak your iOS 9 iPad, iPhone, and iPod
1. Before we begin, make sure you have atleast 1.0 GB of free space on your iOS device and please backup your device – This is an important safety precaution. Connect your device to iTunes and backup the device.
2. Go to Settings > Passcode and Turn Passcode Off (Skip this step if you do not have a passcode)
3. Go to Settings > iCloud and turn Find My iPad/iPhone/iPod off (Skip this step if you do not have Find My Device on)
4. Go to Settings and enable Airplane Mode.
5. Download the Pangu Jailbreak Tool for Windows:
6. Connect your iOS device to the computer and then right-click the Pangu .exe and Run as administrator.
7. Hit Start.
8. Hit Already backup.
9. At about 65%, the device will restart and you will need to unlock the device and enable Airplane Mode.
10. At 75%, you will be instructed to unlock the device and run Pangu
11. Hit Accept.
12. Allow Pangu to access your photos.
13. The device will restart one more time and Cydia should be installed on your home screen.